INTELLIscribe supports a command-line interface very similar to the "lpr" commands in Unix and Windows®. ISendFile submits one or more files to an INTELLIscribe virtual printer port.
ISendFile sends jobs, unmodified, to the "virtual printer port" of your choice. This command may be called from custom applications created by you, or manually from the MS-DOS prompt.
The ISendfile command can submit one or more files to the INTELLIscribe Virtual Printer. You can use "*" as a wild character. Examples of use:
- To submit a file to an INTELLIscribe virtual printer port: ISendFile Office c:\path\to\myfile.txt
- To submit the same file, and then remove it: ISendFile -d Office c:\path\to\myfile.txt
- To submit all the text files in a given directory: ISendFile Office c:\path\to\*.txt
- To submit files from more than one source: ISendFile Office c:\log d:\text \\server\*.txt
Requirements for ISendFile and INTELLIscribe
- You must have at least one virtual printer port as defined in "Virtual printer port" wizard.
- The virtual printer port named in the "VirtualPrinterPort" parameter must exist. Virtual printer port names can contain spaces.
- The file or files named in "FileNames" must exist and must be readable.
If you type ISendFile without any parameters when in the proper directory, you are provided with help in the form of the following text:
Usage: isendfile [ options ] port file Options include: --help Display this help text -v or --verbose Print messages about ISendfile actions -s Silent, opposite of verbose -h No banner for this job -F=format Format is one of the following: f - formatted, l - leave control characters, o - Postscript p - use 'pr' format, r - FORTRAN, c - CIF, d - dvi, g - plot n - ditroff, t - troff, v - raster -C=class Class is used on banner page; up to 31 characters -T=title Job title -J=jobname Job name -K=copies or -#=copies Number of copies of each file to be printed -P=port Equivalent to the 'port' argument -U=username Specify a username; otherwise use the logged-in username -i=columns Indent input by columns (LPD only) -w=width Specify the page width (LPD only) -H=host Hostname that jobs comes from, defaults to local computer name -Z=options Pass the specified optionss