Q: In RPM Remote Print Manager® ("RPM"), I get an "Error: Failed subcommand 4" when printing from my AS/400. What can I do to fix it?
A: This error is caused by an incorrect setting in the OUTQ on the AS/400. To fix it, follow these steps:
- First, you must end the writer. From a command prompt on the AS/400, issue the command (without quotes) 'ENDWTR writer_name *IMMED'.
- Now from the command prompt, issue the command 'CHGOUTQ queue_name'. Press the F4 key
- Now you must get to the "All Parameters". Press F24 (shift-F12) then F9.
- Press "Page Down" until you get to the parameter "Destination Type".
- Change this to *OTHER.
- Finally, save the changes and start the writer again.