Q: How can I create a printer on the Solaris server to print to my queue in RPM Remote Print Manager®? ("RPM")
A: The steps below will help you configure a printer on Solaris version 2.51 to print through RPM.
- At the console, open Admintool.
- Open the Printers utility.
- From the Edit menu, point to Add and choose Access to Printer.
- The following options should be configured.
- Client: Enter the IP address or hostname of the Solaris server.
- Printer name: Enter the RPM queue name here.
- Print Server: Enter the RPM host computer's IP address (or hostname if using DHCP).
In researching this article (2022) I did some research on whether Solaris was even still available. I remember when Oracle purchased Sun Microsystems in the nineties and announced plans to phase out Solaris. However, it's still around and people are still using it, according to Google.