If the computer does not have Internet access, you should use Manual Activation. In order to use the manual activation process, you will need to generate an activation key and have the correct support expiration date. Both can be obtained on the get activation key page.
- Open the Brooks License Manager from the Start menu. Or, choose License or License Manager from the software Help menu.
- Click the Activate button to start the Activation Wizard. At the Introduction page, click Next.
- Enter or modify the username and company for this license. The username must be unique if your company has purchased more than one license. Click Next.
- Select Manual Activation and click Next.
- Edit the Support Expiration Date to reflect the date which the Software Upgrade & Maintenance (SUM) expires. This date is one year from the date of purchase and is listed on the sales receipt or invoice. Click Next.
- Enter the activation key and click Finish.
Note: If either the activation key or the support expiration date you enter is incorrect, you will receive a message stating: Invalid activation key!
If the activation is successful, the completion page will display the following message: Operation Complete.
If the software was not activated, you may receive a message indicating why the attempt was not successful.
Note: Please print the license for your records. If something happens to your machine (and we help several customers a day in this situation) the printed record will have your serial number, unique username and company name. This will greatly reduce the time it takes us to have you back up and running in the event of a system failure.